NKMA provides a Montessori program of individualized learning that optimizes the intellectual, social, and emotional development of each child. Children attend, beginning in preschool, for 3-year learning cycles.
- Early Childhood – ages 3 to 6
- Lower Elementary – ages 6 to 9, grades 1st – 3rd
- Upper Elementary – ages 9 to 12, grades 4th – 6th
Classrooms are comprised of mixed-age groups, which is an important tenet of the Montessori approach.
Children are guided by degreed and certified teachers who embrace the Montessori Philosophy. NKMA and its teachers are affiliated with both the American Montessori Society and the International Montessori Council.
NKMA offers half-day and full-day programs.
- Before Care – 7:45 to 8:15
- Morning Only (Early Childhood Program only) – 8:15 to 11:15
- Full Day – 8:15 to 3:30
- After Care – 3:30 to 5:30 (available 2, 3 or 5 days per week)
Children attend 5 days per week.
“The first duty of an education is to stir up life, but leave it free to develop.” —Maria Montessori